- POWDER COATED ALUMINUM FRAMING (LIGHTER AND STRONGER THAN STEEL).
- SOFT CONTOURS WITH NO SHARP CORNERS OR EDGES.
- CAMS FOR PANEL ADJUSTMENT.
- PANEL GUARDS TO PROTECT THE BED PANEL FROM OVER EXTENSION.
- PATENTED LEG SYSTEM, SO YOU WON’T STUB YOUR TOES OR BANG YOUR LEGS.
- DIFFERENT BED HEIGHTS AVAILABLE TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS.
- PROPER SPRING STEEL FOR ALL OUR SPRINGS.
- ALUMINUM CENTRE BEAM, PREVENTS BED PANEL BOWING OR SEAM SEPARATION.
- CUSTOM COLOURS, SIZES AND CABINETRY. WE ARE A FULL CABINET SHOP AND CAN MAKE ANYTHING!
- LIFETIME WARRANTY FROM A COMPANY THAT HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR OVER 21 YEARS.
- 2200 POUNDS OF WEIGHT SUPPORT.
- THE SMALLEST FOOTPRINT AND CABINET SIZE FOR THE MOST EFFICIENT SPACE UTILIZATION.
ONLY 16″ DEEP – IT’S THE MOST COMPACT
SYSTEM ON THE MARKET!
WHY MURPHY BEDS?
We use an extruded Aluminum frame and center beam instead of the wood center beam and angle iron frame knock-offs use. There is no need to bolt our system to the floor like the old fashioned systems that ruin your floor and leave expensive repairs if moved.
Our modern systems require only screws into the studs of the wall leaving small holes like hanging a picture that are easily filled if moved.
All our Hardware is manufactured to ISO 9002 standards. We manufacture all our cabinetry right here in Victoria! Support your local economy.
We urge you to compare quality of Hardware and Cabinet construction before making your investment! Not all Murphy Beds or Wall Beds are the same. If you are going to make an investment in a Murphy Bed we highly recommend educating yourself.
Our hardware supports more than twice the weight of our competitors beds.
- WE USE MORTISE AND TENON JOINTS.
- INSET STYLE CONSTRUCTION WITH GRAIN MATCHING.
- INDUSTRIAL CORE THERMALLY FUSED LAMINATES OR WOOD VENEERS.
- QUALITY BLUM DRAWER SLIDES AND HINGES.
- STAINLESS OR BRASS FERRELS AND PINS FOR ALL SHELVING
Mattresses Murphy Beds® use standard-size, regular mattresses. They can be stored fully made-up with sheets and blankets, instantly ready for use.
We feature premium quality 9″ to 10″thick coil-spring and mattresses that are custom made to our specifications. (No box spring, bed slats or other weird contraptions are required.)
BELOW IS A COMPARISON OF WHY WE PREFER MULTIPLE-SPRING VS GAS PISTON LIFT SYSTEMS:
MURPHY WALL-BEDS (MULTIPLE-SPRING)
- Our heavy-duty, multiple-spring mechanism is used around the world – more than 100,000 installed over the last 30 years – living proof of long-term reliability.
- Murphy beds are light & strong, and lift with finger-tip ease. “Butter-smooth” & effortless multi-spring action.
- Sleek unobtrusive hardware, hidden by mattress & covers.
- Exclusive tubular steel legs, connected by crossbar. Leg assembly rotates in and out with fingertip ease, and holds mattress in place.
- Wood frame construction is an option. However, you can make your project go faster & easier by upgrading to either one of our metal frame kits.
SUMMARY: A professional, well-designed complete hardware system with user-friendly features. Easy & reliable.
OUR COMPETITORS (GAS PISTON LIFT)
- Questionable durability over time. Experience suggests that gas pistons leak, lose pressure, and need replacing (e.g. your car trunk, screen door).
- Heavy to close, with a jerky action. You push against the pistons and they push back – it’s a workout! And not adjustable, either.
- Unsightly piston arms in full view when bed is open.
- Most kits don’t supply any legs. You have to make wooden legs, which attach awkwardly to the face of the bed. Mattress must be held in place by straps.
- Wood frame construction is the only option. Not as light & strong as metal framing.
SUMMARY: No matter how nice the cabinet may look, if the hardware doesn’t perform, you’ve got a big problem.